Scrutiny panels are established by the Council’s Overview and Scrutiny Committee and may:
· Assist the Council and the Cabinet in the development of its budget and policy framework by in-depth analysis of policy issues;
· Review and scrutinise the decisions made by and performance of the Cabinet and Council officers both in relation to individual decisions and over time;
· Review and scrutinise the performance of the Council in relation to its policy objectives, performance targets and/or particular service areas;
· Question members of the Cabinet and chief officers about their decisions and performance, whether generally in comparison with service plans and targets over a period of time, or in relation to particular decisions, initiatives or projects;
· Make recommendations to the Cabinet or relevant non executive Committee arising from the outcome of the scrutiny process;
· Review and scrutinise the performance of other public bodies in the area and invite reports from them by requesting them to address the overview and scrutiny committee and local people about their activities and performance; and
· Question and gather evidence from any person (with their consent).
Scrutiny Panels must refer their findings/recommendations to the Overview and Scrutiny Committee for approval prior to referral to Cabinet or the Council as appropriate.
The areas covered by the Housing and Regeneration Scrutiny Panel are as follows:
· Regeneration in Tottenham
· Regeneration in Wood Green
· Sustainability and Carbon Reduction
· Planning Policy
· Planning Applications and Development Management
· Building Control
· Housing Investment Programme
· Housing Strategy and Delivery
· Partnerships with Homes for Haringey and Social Landlords
Support officer: Philip Slawther, Principal Scrutiny Officer, Email: email@example.com.
Phone: 020 8489 2957