You are here

Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8LE. View directions

Contact: Felicity Foley, Acting Committees Manager 

Media

Items
No. Item

384.

FILMING AT MEETINGS

Please note this meeting may be filmed or recorded by the Council for live or subsequent broadcast via the Council’s internet site or by anyone attending the meeting using any communication method.  Although we ask members of the public recording, filming or reporting on the meeting not to include the public seating areas, members of the public attending the meeting should be aware that we cannot guarantee that they will not be filmed or recorded by others attending the meeting.  Members of the public participating in the meeting (e.g. making deputations, asking questions, making oral protests) should be aware that they are likely to be filmed, recorded or reported on.  By entering the meeting room and using the public seating area, you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings.

 

The Chair of the meeting has the discretion to terminate or suspend filming or recording, if in his or her opinion continuation of the filming, recording or reporting would disrupt or prejudice the proceedings, infringe the rights of any individual, or may lead to the breach of a legal obligation by the Council.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Noted.

385.

PLANNING PROTOCOL

The Planning Committee abides by the Council’s Planning Protocol 2017.  A factsheet covering some of the key points within the protocol as well as some of the context for Haringey’s planning process is provided alongside the agenda pack available to the public at each meeting as well as on the Haringey Planning Committee webpage.

 

The planning system manages the use and development of land and buildings.  The overall aim of the system is to ensure a balance between enabling development to take place and conserving and protecting the environment and local amenities.  Planning can also help tackle climate change and overall seeks to create better public places for people to live, work and play.  It is important that the public understand that the committee makes planning decisions in this context.  These decisions are rarely simple and often involve balancing competing priorities.  Councillors and officers have a duty to ensure that the public are consulted, involved and where possible, understand the decisions being made.

 

Neither the number of objectors or supporters nor the extent of their opposition or support are of themselves material planning considerations.

 

The Planning Committee is held as a meeting in public and not a public meeting.  The right to speak from the floor is agreed beforehand in consultation with officers and the Chair.  Any interruptions from the public may mean that the Chamber needs to be cleared.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Noted.

386.

APOLOGIES

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Tabois, Councillor Basu and Councillor Hinchcliffe.

 

387.

URGENT BUSINESS

The Chair will consider the admission of any late items of urgent business. Late items will be considered under the agenda item where they appear. New items will be dealt with at item 12 below.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

None.

388.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

A member with a disclosable pecuniary interest or a prejudicial interest in a matter who attends a meeting of the authority at which the matter is considered:

 

(i) must disclose the interest at the start of the meeting or when the interest becomes apparent, and

(ii) may not participate in any discussion or vote on the matter and must withdraw from the meeting room.

 

A member who discloses at a meeting a disclosable pecuniary interest which is not registered in the Register of Members’ Interests or the subject of a pending notification must notify the Monitoring Officer of the interest within 28 days of the disclosure.

 

Disclosable pecuniary interests, personal interests and prejudicial interests are defined at Paragraphs 5-7 and Appendix A of the Members’ Code of Conduct

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Councillor Ross declared he was a member of the Canal and River Trust.

 

Councillor Bevan declared he attended a monthly meeting with Tottenham Hotspur which discussed any issues that arose from the operations of the stadium.

 

389.

MINUTES pdf icon PDF 131 KB

To confirm and sign the minutes of the Planning Sub Committee held on 11 November 2019.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 11th November 2019 be approved.

 

390.

PRE/2019/0212 - (a) NORTHUMBERLAND TERRACE (NOS. 790 TO 794 AND NOS. 798 TO 808 HIGH ROAD, N17) AND LAND TO THE REAR AND (b) NO. 807 HIGH ROAD N17 pdf icon PDF 112 KB

Proposal: The majority of the proposed development would be on the east side of the High Road. However, the redevelopment of No. 807 on the west side of the road would facilitate the relocation of the Co-operative Funeral Care business and potentially the existing dentist surgery, which are currently at No. 806 and 802 High Road respectively.

 

East side of the High Road (Northern Terrace and land to rear)

(a) Erection of a new four storey building to the west of Lilywhite House for flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use, including the demolition of the locally listed rear extension to No. 814 High Road, and new hard/soft landscaping works; (b) Internal and external repairs, enhancements and minor alterations to the statutory and locally listed buildings along the High Road to facilitate their meaningful future reuse for a flexible range of uses within the A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use classes; and (c) the demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800/802, 804/806 and 808 High Road and the erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 800/802 and 804/806 and 808 High Road.

 

West side of the High Road (No. 807)

(b) Redevelopment of No. 807 High Road to provide a four-storey building comprising retail (A1) on the ground floor, a business/dentist surgery on the first floor (B1/D1) and two dwellings (C3) on the upper floors. There would be a second four-storey building at the rear, joined by a covered parking area with a landscaped courtyard on top, to provide seven dwellings (C3). There would be nine dwellings in total.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Clerk’s note - Prior to considering the application, the Chair granted a Member request to allow the Committee 10 minutes to read and consider Appendix 2(b) which was circulated to Members in a supplementary pack on 10th February 2020.

 

The Committee considered a pre-application proposal regarding (a) Northumberland Terrace (Nos. 790 to 794 and Nos. 798 to 808 High Road, N17) and land to the rear and (b) No. 807 High Road, N17. The majority of the proposed development would be on the east side of the High Road. However, the redevelopment of No. 807 on the west side of the road would facilitate the relocation of the Co-operative Funeral Care business and potentially the existing dentist surgery, which are currently at No. 806 and 802 High Road respectively.

 

East side of the High Road (Northern Terrace and land to rear)

(a)  Erection of a new four storey building to the west of Lilywhite House for flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use, including the demolition of the locally listed rear extension to No. 814 High Road, and new hard/soft landscaping works; (b) Internal and external repairs, enhancements and minor alterations to the statutory and locally listed buildings along the High Road to facilitate their meaningful future reuse for a flexible range of uses within the A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use classes; and (c) the demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800/802, 804/806 and 808 High Road and the erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 800/802 and 804/806 and 808 High Road.

 

West side of the High Road (No. 807)

(b)  Redevelopment of No. 807 High Road to provide a four-storey building comprising retail (A1) on the ground floor, a business/dentist surgery on the first floor (B1/D1) and two dwellings (C3) on the upper floors. There would be a second four-storey building at the rear, joined by a covered parking area with a landscaped courtyard on top, to provide seven dwellings (C3). There would be nine dwellings in total.

 

The Planning Officer and representatives for the applicant delivered a presentation on plans for the scheme. The representatives provided the Committee with a detailed handout on the proposals.

 

The Chair thanked the representatives for their presentation and invited Committee Members to raise any comments or questions. The following was discussed:

·         The representatives noted the linear building was there to mediate the scale of Lilywhite House.

·         Regarding access, the intent was to create much cleaner access, with a one direction through-route at the side of the site.

·         The developers wanted to create a vibrant space that people wanted to visit.

·         The cycle parking was to be completely replaced with a new and secure gated facility. Access was to be provided to those residents who owned cycle parking but there would also be cycle parking available to the public.

·         It was suggested the proposals for 807 could be bolder.

·         The proposed buildings would be a mixture of brick and steel structure, with the steel structure not being visible. The linear building would be a steel structure but  ...  view the full minutes text for item 390.

391.

PPA/2019/0012 - LOCK KEEPERS COTTAGES, FERRY LANE pdf icon PDF 899 KB

Proposal: Demolition of existing houses and erection of a three to six storey mixed-use development including a café at ground floor, office space on ground and first floors and thirteen flats on the floors above.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Committee considered an application for the demolition of the existing houses and erection of a 3-6 storey mixed-use development including a café at ground floor, approximately 690 sq.m. of office space on the ground to first floors and 13 flats on the floors above. The scheme would be a ‘car free’ development with 1 accessible parking space provided approximately 100 metres from the main residential entrance on Hale Village. The proposal would provide an Estate Management Office for Hale Village to replace the existing temporary office on Millmead Road.

 

The Planning Officer and representatives for the applicant gave a presentation on plans for the scheme.

 

The Chair thanked the representatives for their presentation and requested more detailed and tailored visuals for the scheme be made available before any future applications. The Chair then invited Committee Members to raise any comments or questions. The following was discussed:

·         The Committee had serious concerns over the wheelchair accessible car parking space for the site. The Committee was not convinced by the proposal for the single car parking space that was required for the wheelchair accessible unit being provided off-site within the existing Hale village development. This was considered too unreasonable and too far from the development. It was noted that it was a policy requirement for a development of this size to provide a wheelchair accessible unit.

·         There was concern the area was already over developed.

·         The representatives noted that the primary purpose of the scheme was to provide Lee Valley Estates with a head office so that they could continue employing people in the area. The secondary purpose was to provide estate management. However, the scheme was only viable with the residential element. 

·         There was concern surrounding entrances to the towpath and also the balconies over the towpath. The representatives noted there was some overlap onto the towpath on the eastern elevation, but this would only be by around 800milimetres, with none of the balconies hanging over the canal.

·         The representatives noted they had worked closely with the Canal and River Trust over this development, who they claimed were supportive of the scheme. It was suggested that the developers contribute to the refurbishment of the lock. The representatives responded that they had held discussions with the Canal and River Trust and would provide written confirmation of any agreements made between the two before any future application. They claimed there had been an assurance from the Trust that, were the development to go ahead, then the locks would become a priority to be fixed.

·         The representatives accepted the plans were close to the set boundaries, but this was done to utilise all the available space.

·         There was concern over the usage of green walls in the scheme.

·         The Committee sought to see the Applicant’s individual responses provided to each recommendation raised by the QRP. The representatives agreed and informed they had already adopted some of the proposed changes by the QPR, such as moving access from the tow path to Ferry Lane  ...  view the full minutes text for item 391.

392.

UPDATE ON MAJOR PROPOSALS pdf icon PDF 112 KB

To advise of major proposals in the pipeline including those awaiting the issue of the decision notice following a committee resolution and subsequent signature of the section 106 agreement; applications submitted and awaiting determination; and proposals being discussed at the pre-application stage.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED that the report be noted.

 

393.

APPLICATIONS DETERMINED UNDER DELEGATED POWERS pdf icon PDF 209 KB

To advise the Planning Committee of decisions on planning applications taken under delegated powers for the period 27 October 2019 – 24 January 2020.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED that the report be noted.

 

394.

NEW ITEMS OF URGENT BUSINESS

To consider any items admitted at item 4 above.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

N/A.

395.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

9 March 2020

Additional documents:

Minutes:

9th March 2020.