Agenda and draft minutes

Alexandra Park and Palace Advisory Committee
Monday, 15th March, 2021 7.30 pm

Venue: Remote Meeting - MS Teams

Contact: Fiona Rae, Principal Committee Co-ordinator  3541 Email: fiona.rae@haringey.gov.uk

Note: This meeting will be webcast - use the link on the agenda frontsheet or copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_N2NmNmY4YTQtOWVlNi00YjNmLThhNDQtODZkNzIwYjhlOGJj%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%226ddfa760-8cd5-44a8-8e48-d8ca487731c3%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22515ca3a4-dc98-4c16-9d83-85d643583e43%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d 

Items
No. Item

1.

FILMING AT MEETINGS

Please note this meeting may be filmed or recorded by the Council for live or subsequent broadcast via the Council’s internet site or by anyone attending the meeting using any communication method.  Members of the public participating in the meeting (e.g. making deputations, asking questions, making oral protests) should be aware that they are likely to be filmed, recorded or reported on.  By entering the ‘meeting room’, you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings.

 

The Chair of the meeting has the discretion to terminate or suspend filming or recording, if in his or her opinion continuation of the filming, recording or reporting would disrupt or prejudice the proceedings, infringe the rights of any individual, or may lead to the breach of a legal obligation by the Council.

Minutes:

The Chair referred to the notice of filming at meetings and this information was noted.

2.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

To receive any apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Lucia das Neves and Councillor Khaled Moyeed (due to a conflicting meeting).

3.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

A member with a disclosable pecuniary interest or a prejudicial interest in a matter who attends a meeting of the authority at which the matter is considered:

 

(i) must disclose the interest at the start of the meeting or when the interest becomes apparent, and

(ii) may not participate in any discussion or vote on the matter and must withdraw from the meeting room.

 

A member who discloses at a meeting a disclosable pecuniary interest which is not registered in the Register of Members’ Interests or the subject of a pending notification must notify the Monitoring Officer of the interest within 28 days of the disclosure.

 

Disclosable pecuniary interests, personal interests and prejudicial interests are defined at Paragraphs 5-7 and Appendix A of the Members’ Code of Conduct.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

4.

URGENT BUSINESS

The Chair will consider the admission of any late items of Urgent Business. (Late items will be considered under the agenda item where they appear. New items will be dealt with under item 12 below).

Minutes:

There was no urgent business.

5.

MINUTES pdf icon PDF 194 KB

(i)            To approve the draft minutes of the Statutory Advisory Committee meeting held on 5 November 2020.

 

(ii)          To note the minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Statutory Advisory and Consultative Committees held on 5 November 2020as a correct record.

 

(iii)         To note the draft minutes of the Alexandra Palace and Park Board meeting held on 14 December 2020 and 26 January 2021.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED

 

1.    To approve the minutes of the Statutory Advisory Committee meeting held on 5 November 2020.

 

2.    To note the draft minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Statutory Advisory and Consultative Committees held on 5 November 2020 as a correct record.

 

3.    To note the draft minutes of the Alexandra Palace and Park Board meeting held on 14 December 2020 and 26 January 2021.

6.

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) UPDATE pdf icon PDF 261 KB

To receive a general update from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on matters relating to Alexandra Park and Palace.

Minutes:

Louise Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, introduced the report which provided a general update on matters relating to Alexandra Park and Palace. The report was presented and discussed and was set out in full in the minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Alexandra Park and Palace Advisory Committee and Alexandra Palace and Park Consultative Committee. The Advisory Committee had no further comments on the item and endorsed the comments made at the joint meeting.

 

RESOLVED

 

To note the report.

7.

TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT ON ALEXANDRA PALACE WAY pdf icon PDF 199 KB

To seek feedback on the pilot scheme for traffic enforcement on Alexandra Palace Way.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chief Executive noted that the traffic enforcement proposals had been informally circulated in advance of the meeting. The report was presented and discussed and was set out in full in the minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Alexandra Park and Palace Advisory Committee and Alexandra Palace and Park Consultative Committee. The Advisory Committee had no further comments on the item and endorsed the comments made at the joint meeting.

 

RESOLVED

 

To note the report.

8.

PARK LICENCE VARIATION pdf icon PDF 147 KB

To consult on the proposed variations to the licence.

Minutes:

The Chief Executive introduced the item which sought to consult on proposed variations to the park licence. The report was presented and discussed and was set out in full in the minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Alexandra Park and Palace Advisory Committee and Alexandra Palace and Park Consultative Committee.

 

In addition to the discussion at the joint meeting, the Advisory Committee highlighted that it was important for the Trust to ensure a balance between the need to generate income and protecting the park and local residents. It was considered that local residents should be provided with additional information before the licence application was submitted and considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. Some members also suggested that the Board should consider having the proposed licence for a trial period before it was permanently confirmed.

 

RESOLVED

 

1.    To note the report.

 

2.    To endorse the comments made by the Joint Statutory Advisory Committee and Consultative Committee and to advise the Alexandra Park and Palace Board to ensure it takes the comments into account when considering the park licence variation recommendations.

 

3.    To advise the Alexandra Park and Palace Board to ensure that local residents were provided more detailed information about the proposed events before submitting the licence variation application.

 

4.    To ensure there was a balance between protecting the park and local residents from the impact of outdoor events and the need to generate income for the Trust.

 

5.    To suggest that the Alexandra Park and Palace Board considered a trial period under the new licence.

9.

APPLICATIONS FOR PLANNING, LISTED BUILDING, AND ADVERTISEMENT CONSENTS pdf icon PDF 323 KB

To consult on proposals for upgrading external signage in the Park and on Alexandra Palace Way, additional improvements to the outdoor beer garden, an outdoor toilet in the Old Deer Enclosure and external space frames redecoration.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chief Executive introduced the item which sought to consult on proposals for upgrading external signage in the Park and on Alexandra Palace Way, additional improvements to the outdoor beer garden, an outdoor toilet in the Old Deer Enclosure, and external space frames redecoration. The report was presented and discussed and was set out in full in the minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Alexandra Park and Palace Advisory Committee and Alexandra Palace and Park Consultative Committee. The Advisory Committee had no further comments on the item and endorsed the comments made at the joint meeting.

 

RESOLVED

 

To note the report.

10.

NON-VOTING BOARD MEMBERS FEEDBACK

Minutes:

There was no feedback from non-voting Board members.

11.

ITEMS RAISED BY INTERESTED GROUPS

Minutes:

There were no additional items raised by interested groups.

12.

NEW ITEMS OF URGENT BUSINESS

To consider any items of urgent business as identified at item 4.

Minutes:

There were no new items of urgent business.

13.

DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS

The dates of future meetings will be confirmed at the Council meeting in May 2021.

Minutes:

To note that the dates of future meetings would be confirmed at the Council meeting in May 2021.