Decision Maker: Head of Programme Management
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Head of Programme Management, Regeneration
and Economic Development approves under Contract Standing Order
8.02 the appointment of Point Topic to provide specialist and
technical resource required to progress the Northumberland Park
high-speed broadband project - for a total value of £9,990
• The decision is required to progress
the work required to implement Cabinet decision for the Council to
address the poor internet connectivity and digital exclusion in the
North Tottenham area – and thereby maximise the opportunities
and potential associated with high-speed broadband connectivity for
the benefits of its residents, businesses, and community under the
Government’s Strategic Investment Pot (SIP) funding, to
improve high speed fibre infrastructure and connectivity to council
and community buildings in the Northumberland Park (NP) and the
wider North Tottenham area. The funding was secured as part of the
multi-borough Local London partnership bid.
• The cost of technical support and project management is included in the overall funding approval.
The specialist resource/consultant will support the Economic Development Manager in the delivery of the project – and their role will include:
• Expert broadband advice and provision of technical data, mapping, support and analysis for the different elements of the project.
• Producing and completing the technical content and templates to allow soft market testing and the mini competitions needed to identify the appropriate broadband supplier for each element of the overall project.
• Liaising with current and potential full fibre suppliers in the borough, including (but not limited to) Openreach, Virgin Media, Community Fibre, Hyperoptic and G. Network.
• Providing data, mapping and support to allow efficient integration of planned deployments of gigabit capable fibre and infrastructure.
• work with LBH’s designated officer/s to support the measurement and reporting of progress and issues as the deployments start, expected in early 2022.
• Tracking project, impact and collating broadband coverage updates and co-ordinating with other broadband suppliers in the borough
The NP high-speed broadband project will contribute to the delivery of the Borough Plan’s “Economy” Priority, in particular Outcomes 3a, 13 and 16, and contribute to the Good Economy Recovery Plan activities and outcomes.
The Council could choose not to award this
contract. This has been discounted as:
• There is no expertise or capacity in the Council to provide such a service.
• To do nothing would result in the Council not securing the technical resource and expertise to deliver the NP high-speed broadband scheme, which LBH has secured £800K Government funding for, and which it is contracted to deliver specific outputs.
Publication date: 21/10/2021
Date of decision: 20/10/2021