Decision Maker: Assistant Director for Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the following decisions:
1. To implement Contract Standing Order 9.07.1 (c), which provides that a Director may award, assign, or novate contracts valued at less than £500,000 (five hundred thousand pounds) for the purposes of appointing Calfordseaden to provide Mechanical and Electricall Engineering services to the Sir Frederick Messer Estate.
2. Award a contract to Calfordseaden for a total fee of £128,581 (including specialist advice) + VAT.
The Council requires a Mechanical and
Electrical Engineer to take the scheme from RIBA stage 1- 3+ plus
design guardian role RIBA stages 4 to 7 on the open ground to the
Sir Frederick Messer Estate, N15 6NP.
1. To require the Architect or Lead Designer
to procure and appoint the Engineer, manage the design
co-ordination and the fee payment process. However, due to the
estimated construction value of the scheme, there were concerns
that the above management process would add significant costs to
the project. A direct appointment would also provide an independent
voice to inform and optimise the design process. The commission is
of a size that is financially attractive to a specialist
2. Another option considered was to appoint the consultancy via a framework. This was
deemed unsuitable as the value of the contract was likely to be under the OJEU
3. A third option considered was not to award this appointment at all. This would not however support the delivery of the Council’s Housing Delivery programme.
Publication date: 23/07/2021
Date of decision: 05/07/2021