Haringey Community & Police Consultative Group, The Consultative Group
Aims and Objectives:
The Group provides effective ways for the community of Haringey to understand and influence Community Safety, policing decisions and policies that affect them; and to hold the Metropolitan Police Service and Crime Disorder and Reduction Partnership to account for the services at local level.
- To engage with local police and council and maintain the attention and participation of the police, the council and the public.
- To ask questions of and pose problems to the police and council, but also to supply ideas and propose solutions for such problems’ resolution
- To hold the whole of the local Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership to account for its decisions and actions on behalf of the community
- To receive information from the Safer Neighbourhood Ward Panels through the Group’s borough Ward Panel Chairs and Partnership Forum that will feed into local and pan-London police policy setting and decision making
Lead Member & 1 other Cabinet member & Cllrs. 2 of the 6 members to be nominated for the Cabinet.
2 of the cabinet members to be nominated as observers
Number of Members on the Group and breakdown of type of board members:
1Chris Hannington HREC Criminal Justice Com, 2 David Singh Individual, Fred Williams Neighbourhood Watch, 3. Ralph Crisp Safer Neighbouhood, 4. Gerard McGrath Individual,
5.C/Supt David Grant MPS,
6. Dr Viv Manheim Individual,
7. Sandra Gouveia ICV Chair, 8. Mr Fred Ellis
HREC, 9. Janay Cochrane Youth Engagment
MPS Board Observer,
10. Inspector Tom Wingate 11.Cllr Bernice LB of Haringey,
12. Cllr Goldberg LB of Haringey
The Group’s Board of Directors holds a strong management brief and have accountability for the staff team.
The Board members are expected to contribute to more regular meetings, as well as their expertise and skills to support the growth and development of the organisation and its commitments.
Responsibilities of members:
Each Board member have specific portfolio of responsibility in accordance to their area of expertise.
Any legal requirements:
The Board of Directors must comply with their
obligations under the Charities Act 1993 or any
statutory re enactment or modification thereof to
prepare an Annual Report and an annual return
and to send them to the Charity Commissioners
for England and Wales.
Regularity of meetings:
4 Board of Directors Meetings and twice yearly Public Meetings
Any training required: No
Haringey Community & Police Consultative Group Memorandum & Article of Association kept on file
Location: Civic Centre
Haringey Community & Police Consultative Group
L4 River Park House
225 High Road Wood Green
Phone: 020 8889 0591
Fax: 020 8881 7223
Haringey is not responsible for the content of any external link
- LABOUR VACANT - 1
- Councillor Ali Demirci
- Councillor Pauline Gibson
- Councillor Martin Newton
- Councillor Bernice Vanier
- Councillor Richard Watson